In the mood for a satisfying side dish? This Savoury Oven Roasted Cauliflower might be just what you are looking for. The addition of nutritional yeast creates a savoury, umami element to the sweet and mellow flavour of the roasted cauliflower.
This dish is gluten-free and vegan. The cauliflower is a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, folate, fiber, and anti-cancer phytonutrients called glucosinolates. Nutritional yeast is a rich source of B vitamins, including vitamin B12.
- 1 head of cauliflower, fresh
- 1-2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- white or black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C
2. Remove cauliflower stem and leaves, and cut head into small pieces. Wash cauliflower pieces.
3. Toss cauliflower in enough olive oil to lightly coat all pieces.
4. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and pepper. Mix well to ensure evenly coated.
5. Place seasoned cauliflower in oven proof dish and baked for 20-30 minutes or until cauliflower is soft (but not mushy).
Interested in learning more about this nutritious vegetable? Learn more about cauliflower here.