Here is a twist on a summer favourite. Try these cinnamon infused applesauce ‘sicles for a sweet treat that is sure to please.
- Wash, peel and core apples. Cut into large chunks.
- Combine apples, water and lemon juice in a pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until desired texture is achieved. Use a potato masher or wooden spoon to break down larger apple chunks, if necessary.
- Stir in cinnamon
- You may want to stop here and enjoy your applesauce, however, if you want proceed to the popsicle stage, set the applesauce aside and let it cool.
- Once applesauce is cool, fill popsicles molds with applesauce and freeze!
- 8 apples
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) water
- 1 ½ tablespoons (22ml) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) cinnamon
If you are feeling a little adventurous, try these ‘sauce ‘sicle variations:
- Apple and pear with cinnamon
Apple with cloves (removing the cloves before freezing)
Pear with finely grated ginger
Apple and strawberry
Apple and mango